“FIR registered, investigation taken up: SSP Sopore; Family, locals protest demand action against army personnel
Sopore, May 07 (KNO): A 26-year-old youth was critically injured due to electrocution while installing CCTV cameras for a local army unit in Sopore area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday even as family of the youth alleged negligence on part of the Army. Police have filed an FIR in this regard, while further investigation is going on.
Family members of the youth identified as Danish Khazir son of Khazir Mohammad Bhat of Badam Bagh Sopore told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that he was called by Army to install CCTV cameras nearby an Army camp in Sopore town today afternoon.
They said that Danish was working in a nearby complex outside the Army located near GDC Sopore and in the meanwhile some Army personnel from the camp came to him and took him away to install CCTV cameras for them near crossing.
They alleged that Danish got electrocuted due to the negligence of Army personnel while installing CCTV cameras as they (Army) had not snapped electricity supply.
Meanwhile, family members and locals held a protest demonstration demanding action against the Army personnel.
They alleged that as Danish got electrocuted, army personnel accompanying him left him there and fled from the spot.
Soon after the incident, Danish was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, where from he has been referred to Srinagar in a critical condition.
Meanwhile, Senior Superintendent of Police Sopore, Shabir Nawab, while confirming the incident, told KNO that the youth is critically injured and has been taken to Srinagar hospital.
He said FIR has been registered in this regard and further investigation is going on—(KNO)