Anantnag: The J&K Accounts employees Association conducted one day convention at the Director Accounts & Treasuries premises to lay stress on the long pending issues.
It was decided in one voice that fraternity would be constrained to take extreme steps like strike if their genuine demands are not conceded.
Speaking on the occasion leaders from both the provinces of l&K expressed dismay over the lacklustre attitude of the authorities towards addressing their demands which are pending there for quite a long time.
In the back drop of recent development under which most of the demands of other category of employees of the state have been already acceded to and the demands of Accounts personnel have once again been left out.
There is hence a genuine cause of concern for accounts fraternity to feel further aggrieved & alienated.
As such mitigation of the same has been impressed upon in the Convention.
Therefore J&K Account’ s Employees Association invites the attention of the authorities to address their demands at an earliest lest accounts fraternity has no other option but to proceed on Strike.
In the mean time it has been decided that all accounts personnel Will observe one days mass casual leave on Today and if no headway is made towards fulfilling demands of the cadre the programme of agitation will follow.
The genuine demands of the fraternity are as under:
1. De-linking of KAS from Accounts Service.
2. Maintenance of 50:50 promotion quota at all levels
3. Restoration of pay parity with Indian Audit & Accounts Service.
4. Career Assured Progress Scheme for accounts Personnel.
5. Cadre Review.
6. Increasing the quota of selection scale to WOW: & reducing the qualifying service to 03 years in favour of Accounts officers (Rank & file)
7. Advance increment for qualifying SAC~l & SAC ll
8. Relaxation of qualification bar in respect of the compassionate appointees under SRO 43
9. Amendments in SRO 78.
Story by: Raouf Dar