Tehsildar Hospitalised After Shopkeeper ‘Mistakenly’ Sells Him Battery Acid Instead Of Water Bottle In Kulgam

KULGAM: Tehsildar Damhal Hanjipora in South Kashmir’s Kulgam district was on Wednesday hospitalised after a shopkeeper mistakenly sold him a bottle of acid instead of water bottle, official said here

Official sources told that Tehsildar D H Pora, Niyaz Ahmad Bhat was coming back after destroying poppy cultivation and had asked for a bottle of water to a nearby general store at around 11:00 am today.

“The shopkeeper mistakenly sold him a bottle containing a liquid similar to water, which was acid. The tehsildar drank it and he felt uneasiness, following which he was hospitalised,” he said.

Niyaz Ahmad told that he was thirsty and he asked the shopkeeper for a water bottle, but instead he handed over battery acid.

“After that I hospitalized myself and I am going to Srinagar hospital for further treatment,” he said.

Meanwhile, BMO Damhal Hanjipora, Gulzar Ahmad Dar told that his condition was stable and was discharged

Meanwhile, station house officer DH Pora, Tanveer Ahmad said that the shopkeeper has been arrested and an FIR number 60/2021 under relevant sections of law has been registered. (KNO)

ANN News

South Asia News Network (ANN News) is Jammu & Kashmir’s 1st Online TV Channel that airs in Jammu & Kashmir & around the World. The Channel is also available on Cable TV in Kashmir region.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.