The following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”/ “Terms and Conditions”) shall be applicable to Aalimi News Networks India Private Limited (Formerly known as South Asia News Network Pvt. Ltd.), (“ANN News”), owned television channel activity conducted by ANN News on Tv, social networking website named ‘Facebook & Twitter” (“Activity”) relating to making, promotion and running of one of Channel’s program titled “Kaun Banega Lakhpati” (“Show”) which shall function in a manner as specified in Specific T&C’s at end of this T&C and the contest shall be termed as follows:
● “Kaun Banega Lakhpati” Activity on Tv, Facebook & Twitter
The above contest shall be referred to with its respective Contest title on Tv, Facebook & Twitter page of Channel. The T&Cs shall be in two parts (a) Specific T&Cs for each Contest and Basic T&Cs for the Contest.
Following are the terms that shall be applicable to the Activity:
1. The Activity is open only to Indian citizens, residing in J&K. Citizens and/or residents of countries other than J&K are not eligible to participate.
2. The Participants must be adults having attained the age of eighteen (18) years to participate in the Activity as on the date of the Activity. Any minor who wishes to participate must get consent form/ certificate from parents in writing.
(All persons fulfilling conditions mentioned in section 1 & 2 shall be hereinafter referred to as “Participants”)
3. Activity shall be open for participation as per the timelines specified in the T&Cs for Activity.
4. Employees, agents and promoters (including their immediate family members) of ANN News and any of their divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the Activity in any manner, are not eligible to participate in the Activity.
5. The Activity terms and conditions shall be mentioned on ANN NEWS website http://www.southasianewsnetwork.net (“Website”). The Participants agree that by participating in the Activity, the Participants shall be bound by the terms and conditions provided at the Website.
6. The Participants shall be required to provide basic personal information about them including but not limited to Participants name, address, telephone number or mobile number and email address in order to register and participate in the Activity. The information provided by the Participants may be used by ANN News for internal purposes and to send in the future to the Participants promotional information pertaining to the ANN NEWS network.
7. The specific requirements for the Activity shall be outlined in the T&Cs of the Activity.
8. For the Activity, each Participant must submit their complete entry in order to qualify as an entrant in the Activity
(“Entries”) through Specific Mode of Participation specified in Specific T&C’s stated at end of this T&C.
9. The manner, day and the basis of choosing the winner (defined below) shall be specified in the T&Cs of the Activity.
10. The Participant can win only once in this Activity. Any subsequent wins of the Participant (if declared) will be automatically void.
11. Participants should ensure the accuracy of the information provided by them at the time of entering the Activity.
12. ANN News shall make a maximum of 2 (two) attempts each attempt being within 1 (one) hour of each other, to contact the Winners via the email id and phone provided by the Participants. ANN News shall not be held liable despite ANN News best efforts, in the event the provided mobile numbers/email Id is unreachable/not replied due to the following reasons including but not limited to: 1) Email ID or phone number provided by the Participant is incorrect. 2) Email ID belongs to a person other than the Participant 3) Mobile number answered but individual answering refuses to
acknowledge ANN News, the Activity and/or any relation thereto. 4) Any other reason the Email ID or any other contact details provided by which Participant cannot be contacted.
13. Participants shall not post any profanity or abusive comments on the respective Website’s Activity page/ Channel’s website/or in any other manner. In the event of any such profanity or abusive comments posted on foregoing pages, such Participants shall be disqualified forthwith and ANN News reserves its rights, in addition to removing such post, to take a legal action against such participant and/or user.
14. Participants agree no clarifications on the questions and the answers used in the Activity shall be entertained by ANN News.
15. By participating in the Activity, each Participant agrees to follow these Terms and Conditions and is deemed bound by any decisions made by ANN News in its sole discretion, including any interpretations of the Terms and Conditions.
16. ANN News including its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective agents and representatives, employees shall not be responsible for any loss of Entries for any reason whatsoever including, due to any technical problems for Entries received after the deadline as a consequence of computer service delays, interruptions, electronic failures or overloads, or for lost, misdirected or misplaced Entries. The Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, not in prescribed format, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
17. ANN News reserves its right to select and declare or not to declare the Winners of auditions in the event no Participant has submitted correct answers. Decision of ANN News in this regard is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
18. While accepting the Prize(s), the Winners may be required to sign an “indemnity and release of claims” form provided by ANN News, as the case may be, which shall release ANN News of all liability. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by ANN News during the audition process may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate qualifier to hot seat. All decisions of ANN News are final in this regard.
19. Mere participation/submitting Entries in the Activity do not entitle the Participants to sit on hot seat.
20. The wining amount in show is subject to the TDS/ taxes and will be deducted as per laws governing the subject.
21. ANN News may refuse to give the winning amount to Participant(s) in the event of his/her fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement to participate in the Activity under these Terms and Conditions.
22. The wining amount shall be transferred to the Winners bank account online subject to submission of all relevant documents, if required in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of the Activity.
23. ANN News has the right to amend (add, delete or modify) the Terms and Condition governing the Activity, prospectively or retrospectively, at its discretion and without prior notice.
24. ANN News reserves the right to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant has breached any of these Terms and Condition.
25. Under no circumstance, unless due to willful misconduct or gross negligence, shall ANN News and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever. The Participant specifically agrees not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications,
criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against ANN News their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Activity.
26. By entering into the Activity, the Winners/Participants waive all copyrights including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and moral rights, rights of publicity and any related rights and consents to ANN News right to use the pictures uploaded by the Participant(s) the captioned posted for the Activity , picture, tape or portray him/her as a Activity Winners, and to exhibit this material in any and all media now existing or hereinafter created, including without limitation television, film, radio and print media, without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. The Winners also consent to right of ANN News to use his/her name, voice or picture, or the content of his/her Activity Entry (collectively, the “Publicity Rights”). ANN News can allow to its agencies to exercise/exploit the Publicity Rights in conjunction with ANN News. ANN News shall also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the entries received for the Activity for any purpose.
27. ANN News does not make any commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback, suggestion and, or, queries of the Participants or furnish any reason or explanation for inclusion and, or, exclusion of any particular submission of the Entry of a Participant at any stage of the Activity.
28. Under no circumstance shall ANN News including the Channel and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever, even if ANN News has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
29. Non-conformance by any Participant and /or Winners of the Activity will result in immediate disqualification of the Participant from participation or winning amount as the case maybe.
30. ANN News reserves the right to withdraw or discontinue and/or terminate the Activity at any stage without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever to the Participants.
31. The one time registration fee, if any, is mandatory to pay for all participants and shall be non-refundable.
32. The decisions of ANN News and its representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Activity.
33. Your participation in the Activity by posting the Entries will be deemed as an acceptance of the above stated Terms and Conditions.
34. Participants are providing their personal information to ANN News and such information will only be used for ANN NEWS’s internal purposes and to send Participants promotional information in the future pertaining to the Channel/ANN News/Website.
35. All taxes, levies and duties due and owing under applicable and statutory laws in connection with all winning amounts, if any, and all other costs, including insurance, incidental costs, gifts, gratuities and taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
36. ANN News shall not be responsible for any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons.
37. In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (ob) of sub-section (2) of section 87 read with section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000), the Central Government has framed the Information Technology (reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011(“Privacy Rules”) which makes it mandatory for any concern to deal with any personal information including sensitive personal information as per the said Privacy Rules. In course of providing the aforesaid Entries in the Activity, ANN News shall treat the information and pictures as sensitive and confidential and as per the aforementioned Privacy Rules such information has to be now dealt with as per the provisions specified in the said Rules
38. ANN News shall deal with any Data/information including sensitive personal information, if any, that it receives from ANN NEWS or otherwise collects, holds, uses and processes in the following manner: a). Company may also disclose Data/information including sensitive personal information, if any, to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities), social organizations (e.g., the social security administration), human resources benefits providers (e.g., health insurers), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable legal obligations upon prior written approval from ANN News. b).The level of data protection using technical, managerial, operational and physical security control measures by ANN News shall be such as to be in compliance with all applicable laws including but not limited to Information Technology Act, 2000 and Privacy Rules. c).The term ‘Data/information’ including sensitive personal information, if any, shall mean and include the name and contact information (home address, telephone and fax numbers and email address), valid identity proof such as passport number, driver’s license number, permanent account number (PAN), or other details pertaining to the identity of the Participants.
39. Participants confirm that the pictures uploaded by them or any part thereof do not infringe upon the statutory rights, common law rights, intellectual property rights including copyrights in literary, dramatic, musical or motion picture rights, patent rights or the trademark or trade names of any person, firm, corporation, association or entity whatsoever. Neither the Pictures nor any part thereof violate the statutory rights of, or the right of privacy, or constitute a libel or slander against any person, firm, corporation, association or entity whatsoever, or violate any other rights not herein specifically enumerated. No pictures or any part thereof shall be defamatory or contribute contempt of court or breach of contract, or breach of any provision of statute, nor hurt the sentiments of religious groups. In the event of any infringement and/or any unlawful usage of any information including pictures provided by the Participants, ANN News shall not be held liable on any account whatsoever.
40. The Activity is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
41. The Activity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. All matters with respect to the Activity are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Srinagar only.
42. For any queries on the Activity and/or the Terms and Conditions, please send a direct message (DM) to the ANN News TV at email@example.com