Elderly man dies of electrocution while fishing in Dooru

Anantnag, Aug 06 : A 61-year-old man died of electric shock while he was fishing at Kachulgund area of Dooru in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district, an official said here on Saturday.

An official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that the man identified as Wazir Ahmad Beigh (61) of Kachlgund Verinag got electrocuted when he was fishing with the help of electric current in Dahgam Nallah.

He said that Wazir, who was a retired employee of JKRatC, died on the spot.

The official said that the body has been handed over to the family for last rites—(KNO)

Woman, animal die of electric shock in Poonch

Poonch, Aug 06 (KNO): A woman from Danna Tukriyan village of Poonch Mandi lost her life after coming in contact with a live electric wire that fell on road due to alleged negligence of staff of the concerned department.

The woman identified as Parveen Akhter, wife of Mohammad Khadim was grazing her cattle when one of her buffalo came in contact with the live wire, the locals told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), adding that the woman tried to save her animal but also came in contact with wire, resulting in her onspot death.

The locals of the area alleged that the concerned department has failed to ensure safety of human lives.

The body of victim was later taken to SDH Mandi where medico-legal formalities were conducted—(KNO)

ANN News

South Asia News Network (ANN News) is Jammu & Kashmir’s 1st Online TV Channel that airs in Jammu & Kashmir & around the World. The Channel is also available on Cable TV in Kashmir region.