WASHINGTON: The collapse of Kabul without any resistance to the Taliban will go down as one of the greatest defeats in American history, former US President Donald Trump has said.

“What Joe Biden has done with Afghanistan is legendary. It will go down as one of the greatest defeats in American history,” Trump said in a short statement hours after the Taliban occupied the presidential palace in Kabul and its elected leader Ashraf Ghani fled the country along with his senior officials reportedly to Tajikistan.

There was no word from the White House on the developments in Kabul. President Joe Biden, who is spending his weekend in Camp David, held a secure video conference with his top national security advisors, the White House said. Former US ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley described it as a failure of the Biden administration.

“It’s not always what you do, it’s how you do it. Begging the Taliban to let Americans out of Afghanistan is not how any combat veteran or military family thought this would end. Their sacrifices mattered. Now we all know more serious threats will follow,” she said. “If I were still the Secretary of State with a Commander in Chief like President Trump, the Taliban would have understood that there were real costs to pay if there were plots against America. Qasem Soleimani learned that lesson, and the Taliban would have learned it as well,” said former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in an interview to Fox News.

On CNN, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the US has not asked the Taliban for anything.

“We’ve told the Taliban that if they interfere with our personnel, with our operations, as we’re proceeding with this drawdown, there will be a swift and decisive response. That’s what we’ve told them,” he said.

Blinken defended the Afghan policy of President Biden. He was asked if the Biden administration recognises the Taliban as a legitimate government.

“A future Afghan government that upholds the basic rights of its people and that doesn’t harbour terrorists is a government we can work with and recognise. Conversely, a government that doesn’t do that – that doesn’t uphold the basic rights of its people, including women and girls; that harbours terrorist groups that have designs on the United States or allies and partners – certainly, that’s not going to happen,” he said.

“And beyond that, to the extent that the Taliban has a self-interest if it’s leading the government in Afghanistan of assistance from the international community, support from the international community, none of that will be forthcoming. Sanctions won’t be lifted, their ability to travel won’t happen if they’re not sustaining the basic rights of the Afghan people and if they revert to supporting or harboring terrorists who might strike us,” he added. (PTI)

ANN News

Asia News Network (ANN News) is Jammu & Kashmir’s 1st Online TV Channel that airs in Jammu & Kashmir & around the World. The Channel is also available on Cable TV in Kashmir region.

30 thoughts on “Donald Trump Terms Collapse Of Kabul One Of The Greatest Defeats In American History

• 28th August 2021 at 8:59 pm

Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I
    really enjoy reading through your posts. Can you recommend any
    other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
    Thanks for your time!

• 30th August 2021 at 10:43 am

Hello There. I found your blog using msn.
    This is a very well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark
    it and return to read more of your useful info.

Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

• 1st September 2021 at 10:45 pm

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I
    am reading this impressive article to improve my knowledge.

• 2nd September 2021 at 6:44 pm

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.

It’s always helpful to read content from other authors
    and use a little something from their web sites.

• 4th September 2021 at 7:35 pm

Thank you for every other informative website. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal means?
    I have a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

• 5th September 2021 at 5:31 pm

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting
    things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read even more things about it!

• 10th September 2021 at 12:47 pm

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

quest bars http://bitly.com/3C2tkMR quest bars

• 11th September 2021 at 8:21 am

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give
    a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the
    same subjects? Thanks a ton! cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

• 13th September 2021 at 3:57 am

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!

scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

• 13th September 2021 at 8:15 pm

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.

Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and
    I look forward to your new updates. scoliosis surgery https://coub.com/stories/962966-scoliosis-surgery scoliosis surgery

• 13th September 2021 at 8:23 pm

I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website.
    I’m hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as well.

In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my
    very own site now 😉 ps4 games https://bitly.com/3nkdKIi ps4